Volunteers are the life-blood of Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful.
All of our programs and services require volunteers to get the job done.
KNIB offers flexible volunteer opportunities for all ages (minimum age for some events) and for all kinds of abilities and interests. These take place at many locations, for as much time as you have available. The need is ongoing, year-round.
For example, in addition to assisting for special events, you could volunteer to:
- Educate children about the environment by making presentations to adult groups or at schools (training provided)
- Pick up litter in your neighborhood as a part of the Great American Cleanup™
- Collect Clothing and/or Greet at the Clothing Drives Collect medication and/or Greet at the medication collection.
- Assist with fund-raising
- Pick up clothing from rummage sales or thrift shops and deliver to a Recycle Center
- Assist in our office with data entry, mailings, newsletters, copying or filing, etc.
- Serve as a member of a standing Board committee such as Marketing, or special committee like the Golf Play Day
- Spend 2 hours helping at either Recycle Center
Confirmation of hours for community service provided on request.
To indicate your areas of interest, please contact
815-637-1343 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Seasonal event registration links on the Home or program/event page.